Twitter continues to grow and establish itself as part of the evolution of ecommerce. There are many different apps for Twitter, and while many of them will enhance your Twitter experience, it’s hard to find the time to research them and figure out which are the best. As for affiliate marketing, what do we need an app to do? Make it easier to network with other affiliates and communicate with potential customers. This is good for one pice of affiliate program advice is that twitter is good affiliate managment and affiliate program managment.
To that end, here are 5 Twitter Applications that have made green affiliate marketing easier for me.
1. TweetDeck—TweetDeck is a great interface that allows you to see your twitter stream, @ replies and DM’s all at the same time. It has a built in URL shortening function and allows you to preview shortURL’s in other tweets. If you don’t use it, try it. It beats the online interface for usability without question.
2. TweetLater— TweetLater is an essential tool for the busy Twitterer. Basically you can automate a lot of the functions on Twitter. Auto-follow, Auto-reply, scheduling tweets—all things that will help make you more effective and save time once you understand and start using Twitter.
3. TwitterSearch—When I have a new product and want to find out who is already holding conversations in that arena, TwitterSearch is invaluable. Not only can I find people who are involved in the area, I can find other affiliates that are also using Twitter. For example, if I want to find out about London website design, I can simply search for “London website design” and will find 5-10 companies related to website design in London. What makes this better than finding them on a search engine? In a game that changes as quickly as ecommerce, I want my London website design firm to be on Twitter by now. And then there are the #hashtags…
4. Twhirl— Their slogan is, “Twhirl takes Twitter from cool to AWESOME!” – I’ll let you decide whether to hoot or cringe. Either way it’s true. Twhirl is a social media desktop manager that integrates most of the functions that you need to be an efficient Twitterer. The big advantages it has over TweetDeck are that it integrates with other social software like Friendfeed
5. TwitterKarma—Amazing. Twitter Karma is essential to managing my Followers because it allows me to aggregate my followers and
There are so many amazing Twitter tools out there- these are just some of my favorites. Let me know what you use that makes your affiliate marketing experience something to Twitter about! Much of this is in my twitter ebook, which you can promote via my ebook affiliate program.