An Interview with CiCi Li, Marketing Professional at MeiyiCiciLi.com
1. Tell me about your Blog?
It’s a personal blog, coming from both personal and professional perspectives. I write about things that I encounter in real life, including news, marketing and social media knowledge, technology, business, fashion, and gourmet food. I started blogging because it plays an important role in social media.
2. What is the biggest tip you would give to a newbie blogger?
– Your blog represents who you are. The blog should be consistent with your real life image.
– Don’t forget that people find your blog and articles on search engine. Be sure to be search engine friendly – include relevant keywords on your blog title and description. Also, include keywords in title, body, and tag of the article.
– Blog is 2nd final destination next to your website. It links your website and all other social networking websites together – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Digg, and etc.
3. Where do you see growth in the blogging field?
Blog plays an important role in social media, marketing, advertising, sales, and PR. Personal blog is a very powerful tool. Consumers believe in individual’s voices and messages more than businesses’. I also like video blogging because it communicates my messages better than texts alone.
4. What new ideas are advertisers coming up with to take advantage of new trends?
Social media is media by people. It’s consumer driven. It’s two way conversations. It’s cross functional – marketing, advertising, sales, customer service, and PR. Traditional media is slowing down, and social media is growing at 10% per month. Consumers expect brands to engage with them online. Consumer engagement is the key!
5. What is one thing about you that not many people know?
I was recently hired by NTDTV as social media consultant and the host of a new TV show. I will be introducing restaurants and gourmet foods in Greater New York Areas. This show will soon be on NTDTV, Epoch Times newspapers and on the web, and many of the social networking websites.
6. What are your contact details (email, company, blog, facebook, myspace, forums, etc)?
7. What events do you go to?
I like to attend marketing related and social networking events. For example: SVPMA, SVAMA, BMA, NYAMA, IAB, and some Meetup events.
8. How do you prefer to communicate?
E-mail is the best way.
9. What is one thing people can do for you?
– I’m a marketing and social media consultant. I’m always looking for business leads, referrals, and business ideas.
– As the new host of Gourmet in New York. I would like to be introduced to more restaurant owners in New York. Please contact me if you are interested or have anyone in mind.
Thanks to Cici Li, Marketing Professional at MeiyiCiciLi.com !