Tell me about your Blog?
My blog is “SEO Help by Nicolas Prudhon.” It’s a blog where I primarily provide Google SEO help information and advice to my readers, as well as general SEO/SEM tips regarding the best ethical practices online. My main goal is to fight off rubbish paid information polluting the internet from people looking for quick easy money by cheating others with less than valuable services or products.
The biggest different my blog has compared to other SEO related sites comes from the way I simplify complex concepts making them very easy to understand and apply for beginners.
What was your first blog?
My fist blog was a self-improvement blog that I used to promote a network marketing opportunity I was affiliated to at that time to generate more leads for my business.
What is the biggest tip you would give to a newbie blogger?
Be unique and provide quality content to your readers. Thereis an ever increasing amount of sites and web pages on internet and unless you have something unique that make you identifiable and provides a valid reason for your visitors to come back to your site, it’s going to be very difficult for you. One easy way to do that is by providing real quality content filled with personality, rather than the same thing people see over and over everywhere.
What do advertisers do that you wish they wouldn’t?
Use deceitful headlines or message just to get people to click on their ads. There’s nothing that annoys me more than clicking on an ad claiming something and then landing on a page that delivers something totally different.
What do bloggers do that you wish they wouldn’t?
Bloggers become overly focused with monetizing their blogs even if they are of poor quality, and rather than having internet filled with interesting blogs with content that you want to read and follow, the feeling I get more often than not is “click on my ads” rather than “see and read my content.”
Where do you see growth in the blogging field?
I think there’ll be more and more blog networks, or blogs maintained by multiple authors rather than a single person.
What new ideas are advertisers coming up with to take advantage of new trends?
Social media advertising including, video and audio podcasts are becoming increasingly popular in response to a more technology based generation, more inclined of multimedia delivery than reading.
What do you do to improve the world?
I would day for a start that I’m financially free making me and my family all the less people for other people to feel burden by. I believe that if each one was more responsible about themselves and their family rather than relying constantly on the help or support of others, there would be much less problems. One must help himself first.
What do you do that is green?
Absolutely no throwing of rubbish else where than a trash bin. I can’t throw paper on the floor or anything related.
What is one thing about you that not many people know?
Although I’m mostly known for my SEO geeky work and more often than not seeing in suit, I’m a former Special Forces member with numerous interventions in conflicts zones such as the Former Yugoslavia and Africa.
What’s your favourite book?
That would be You Were Born Rich by Bob Proctor, it’s probably the book that influenced the most my life and the decisions I made since then.
What is on your iPod?
Believe it or not, but I don’t have iPod! I use my smart phone instead for all related things such as listening to music.
What are your contact details (email, company, blog, facebook, myspace, forums, etc)?
Email: [email protected]
What events do you go to?
Beside the events where I’m a speaker, I don’t usually attend events.
How do you prefer to communicate?
Email is certainly a preferred one.
Who would you recommend, and why?
* Kee Soak Hoon. She’s my wife, and the one who support me in everything I do or try to do. I wouldn’t have achieved what I have today without her.
* Bob Proctor. Like I said, his book changed my way of life for the better.
* Jim Rohn. His business philosophy and way of speaking is very inspirational.
* Brian Tracy. For his way to explaining the sales process in an way that actually makes sense.
* Denis Waitley. For the love and care philosophy he shares while teaching people to better themselves.
* Jack Zufelt. His “DNA of Success” was one of the most outstanding motivational speech I heard.
* Stephen Covey. For his business vision and corporate improvement that helped my businesses.
* Frank Angelone.Because he’s young and driven by a strong desire to achieve greatness and is well on his way to do so with the launch of his social and technology conference project.
* Mikael Rieck. A friend and fellow blogger, his posts on how to retire rich early are inspirational and he’s also always present to offer help to people who need it.
What is one thing people can do for you?
You are free to come and ask any question you may have, but don’t spam me for a link, I hate that.
SEO Blogger and SEM Blogger Nicolas Prudhon of SEO Help, an Interview